We are Presentation People who share the charism of Nano Nagle. We reach out in faith, in a spirit of hospitality, compassion and simplicity to all of creation.The cry of Earth and people made poor calls us to continue the mission of Jesus to bring forth a sustainable society founded on respect for Earth,universal human rights, economic justice and a culture of peace.
Our mission is to speak and act in partnership with others for global justice from a contemplative stance in a spirit of oneness with the whole of creation.
We Presentation People embody the compassion of Jesus and Nano.
We practise non-violence of mind and heart
as we listen into the chaos and feel the pain of our time.
We find strength in connectedness
trusting that our feet know the way and our hearts carry the light.
The key areas of IPA’s Intervention Commitments are:
- Women and Children
- Indigenous people
- Sustainable Development
- Human rights
- Respond to the cry of Earth and to people made poor by embracing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a human rights framework addressing the issues of women and children, care of Earth and indigenous peoples, as is relevant to our local regions
- Establish an interim advisory group consisting of the three IPA directors and others with expertise in global work, human rights, development and advocacy.
- Establish a Task Group to determine the appropriate organisational structure for IPA to achieve its mission.
- Review all IPA role descriptions
- Develop a strategic plan for IPA
- Review the criteria for representation at Assemblies
- Continue to use current capital from the IPA fund and welcome any extra donations as we identify other sources of fundraising
- Continue to have an IPA Assembly every five years
- Continue to include the IPA Justice Contacts as part of the IPA Assembly
- Continue to work toward collaboration and partnership building